Download EBOOK Mosby's Drug Guide for Nursing Students / Edition 11 PDF for free
Autor: Linda Skidmore-Roth|
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Publisher date: 7/29/2014
Format: PDF, EPUB
File size: 482 KB
Description of the book "Mosby's Drug Guide for Nursing Students / Edition 11":
This portable, student-friendly reference provides information on 50 drug classifications and more than 4,000 individual generic and trade name drugs -including 20 new FDA-approved drugs. Drug monographs are organized alphabetically for quick reference, and important data on interactions and therapeutic outcomes is also included to help prevent errors. In all, this full-color reference equips you with all the information you could possibly need to master safe drug administration in a wide variety of scenarios.
• Monographs organized alphabetically by name allow fast retrieval of important information.
• Comprehensive drug monographs throughout the text contain:
• Generic names
• Rx or OTC designations
• U.S. and Canadian trade names
• Functional and chemical PDF classifications
• Pregnancy category
• Controlled-substance schedule
• Do-not-confuse drugs
• Therapeutic outcomes
• Unlabeled uses
• Dosages and routes
• Available forms
• Adverse effects
• Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics
• Drug/herb, drug/food, and lab test interactions
• Nursing considerations
• Treatment of overdose
• Concise, practice-oriented nursing considerations include assessment, implementation, patient/family education, and evaluation.
• IV drug information is highlighted in one easy-to-find place, under the Implementation heading, and includes special considerations, Y-site, syringe, and additive compatibilities.
• High alerts drugs are identified by those that pose the greatest risk for patient harm if administered incorrectly.
• Canadian brand names are designated by a maple leaf icon.
• Nursing alert icons identify considerations that require special attention.
• Common and life-threatening side PDF effects are highlighted for easy identification.
• Do Not Confuse headings help you avoid administering the wrong drugs.
• Tall Man lettering is applied to easily confused drug names, as recommended by the FDA.
• Therapeutic Outcome headings in monographs encourage critical thinking and provide a focus for the plan of care.
• Extensive interactions information including lab test interferences is included.
• Flexible, water-resistant cover provides durability in the clinical setting.
• Safe Medication Administration Guide in the back of the book includes a nomogram for calculation of body surface area.
• Drug Categories section features nursing diagnoses, generic drugs, and highlighted key drugs in each category.
• 13 illustrations and PDF an atlas of medication administration show mechanisms or sites of action for select drug classes.
• Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in chart form offer easy access to information.
• NEW! 20 of the latest FDA-approved drugs have been added.
• NEW! Common drugs seen on the NCLEX Exam have been highlighted to help in review.
• UPDATED! Black Box Warnings include alerts to dangerous and/or life-threatening adverse effects.
• NEW! Thousands of new and updated drug facts cover the areas of doses, side effects, pharmacokinetics, interactions, and nursing considerations.