Download EBOOK DNS & BIND PDF for free
Autor: Cricket Liu|
Publisher: O'Reilly Media, Incorporated
Publisher date: 5/6/2006
Format: PDF, EPUB
File size: 726 KB
Description of the book "DNS & BIND":
DNS and BIND tells you everything you need to work with one of the Internet's fundamental building blocks: the distributed host information database that's responsible for translating names into addresses, routing mail to its proper destination, and even listing phone numbers with the new ENUM standard. This book brings you up-to-date with the latest changes in this crucial service.
The fifth edition covers BIND 9.3.2, the most recent release of the BIND 9 series, as well as BIND 8.4.7. BIND 9.3.2 contains further improvements in security and IPv6 support, and important new features such as internationalized domain names, ENUM (electronic numbering PDF), and SPF (the Sender Policy Framework).
Whether you're an administrator involved with DNS on a daily basis or a user who wants to be more informed about the Internet and how it works, you'll find that this book is essential reading.
- What DNS does, how it works, and when you need to use it
- How to find your own place in the Internet's namespace
- Setting up name servers
- Using MX records to route mail
- Configuring hosts to use DNS name servers
- Subdividing domains (parenting)
- Securing your name server: restricting who can query your server, preventing unauthorized zone transfers, avoiding bogus PDF servers, etc.
- The DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) and Transaction Signatures (TSIG)
- Mapping one name to several servers for load sharing
- Dynamic updates, asynchronous notification of change to a zone, and incremental zone transfers
- Troubleshooting: using nslookup and dig, reading debugging output, common problems
- DNS programming using the resolver library and Perl's Net::DNS module
Distributed host information databases are responsible for translating names into addresses, routing mail to its proper destination, and many other services. This edition brings readers up to date on the new 9.3 version of BIND.