Autor: Cricket Liu|
Publisher: O'Reilly Media, Incorporated
Publisher date: 5/6/2006
Format: PDF, EPUB
File size: 726 KB
Description of the book "DNS & BIND":
DNS and BIND tells you everything you need to work with one of the Internet's fundamental building blocks: the distributed host information database that's responsible for translating names into addresses, routing mail to its proper destination, and even listing phone numbers with the new ENUM standard. This book brings you up-to-date with the latest changes in this crucial service.
The fifth edition covers BIND 9.3.2, the most recent release of the BIND 9 series, as well as BIND 8.4.7. BIND 9.3.2 contains further improvements in security and IPv6 support, and important new features such as internationalized domain names, ENUM (electronic numbering PDF), and SPF (the Sender Policy Framework).
Whether you're an administrator involved with DNS on a daily basis or a user who wants to be more informed about the Internet and how it works, you'll find that this book is essential reading.
- What DNS does, how it works, and when you need to use it
- How to find your own place in the Internet's namespace
- Setting up name servers
- Using MX records to route mail
- Configuring hosts to use DNS name servers
- Subdividing domains (parenting)
- Securing your name server: restricting who can query your server, preventing unauthorized zone transfers, avoiding bogus PDF servers, etc.
- The DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) and Transaction Signatures (TSIG)
- Mapping one name to several servers for load sharing
- Dynamic updates, asynchronous notification of change to a zone, and incremental zone transfers
- Troubleshooting: using nslookup and dig, reading debugging output, common problems
- DNS programming using the resolver library and Perl's Net::DNS module
Distributed host information databases are responsible for translating names into addresses, routing mail to its proper destination, and many other services. This edition brings readers up to date on the new 9.3 version of BIND.
Reviews of the DNS & BINDSo far we have now zero reviews upon "DNS & BIND": nevertheless nothing of our own reading user reviews didn't leave. However, when you downloaded this particular application and still have worked alongside them, it is possible to get to be the initially end user, which will depart your current suggestions. We're going to publish the item, even if it really is unfavorable. Nowadays, almost any get together is a good possibility to communicate the sights unhampered, to ensure that each individual can immediately remedy fits them the application form or otherwise not. Why don't we enable the other!
Cricket LiuRemorseful for the until finally we could provde the important information the author Cricket Liu. Of course, if you may assist us to by offering some good info, we'll be very pleased. You just need to to deliver details to us. We shall check if it is true, and files usually are accurate, we will post the idea on our site. Reliable information about the writer, Cricket Liu would be the key necessity. We are quite thankful to your endurance plus your occasion!
Download EBOOK DNS & BIND for free